A Future Full of Hope
Understanding the importance of long-term sustainability, MPTC’s staff and board continually develop and implement plans to diversify our funding. We are confident we will be able to increase our programmatic and organizational sustainability through a combination of several strategies:
- Operating two sites: Westbrook and Biddeford
- Building and sustaining relationships with the local communities
- Expanding our individual, corporate, and foundation donors
We believe with a robust plan, and an organizational culture of philanthropy, MPTC will be able to sustain, expand, and scale its program to effectively serve the greater Portland and York county communities for the long-term.
2020 CAMPAIGN ASK – $6MM
Campaign gifts will go towards (1) 75 Bacon Street renovation and furnishings, (2) two vans used for Biddeford and Westbrook transport needs, (3) facilities’ upkeep and reserve fund for both sites, and (4) programming/operations so we can safely open and fiscally maintain both locations.
1. 75 Bacon Street Biddeford Renovation and Furnishings – $2MM
• White box condition: roof repair/steeple, flooring, heating-ventilation system, windows/doors, interior improvements, plumbing, security/electrical upgrades, sprinkler updates, fire alarm, additional materials and labor – $1MM
• Commercial kitchen and dining area – $375k
• Furnishings – $625k
2. Two, 15 Passenger Vans – $90K
3. Facilities’ Upkeep and Operating Reserve Fund – $660K
4. Programming and Daily Operations – Westbrook and Biddeford Sites – $3.25MM
• Fiscal Years – 2020/2021 – 2022/2023
Join us in our campaign! There are many ways of supporting My Place Teen Center — and helping to give teens a safe place to dream of a future, and guiding them on the path toward achieving it. Your support ensures that MPTC is here for every kid who needs us. Your donation or pledge will certainly make a tangible difference in the life of a deserving teen.
A Second Home in Biddeford
My Place Teen Center is proud to have its history rooted in Westbrook, and looks to a future of expansion into Biddeford — with a projected opening date of fall 2020 in the former St. Andre’s Church.
A Tale of Two Cities: Westbrook and Biddeford share striking similarities, and hold the keys to both the past and future of My Place Teen Center. While Westbrook and Biddeford look toward redevelopment and revitalization, the most vulnerable citizens — its youth — are in danger of slipping through the cracks. We recognized this conundrum 20 years ago in Westbrook, and have been working diligently for area teens ever since. Now, My Place Teen Center will do the same thing in Biddeford. See the communities we serve.
A Little History
In 2014, Biddeford champions and stakeholders requested discussions about how to bring our business model to Biddeford. Originally we were functioning in a consultant mode – how THEY could operate such a facility like ours, but early 2017 discussions turned to: Would WE bring our business model to Biddeford and run a second site/MPTC for them? Given that expansion was already part of our strategic plan, this was an easy answer due to the positive relationship already developed with city leaders and a similar demographic and landscape between both cities.
The business model will be the same as the Westbrook location. We initiated a $6MM campaign upon the conclusion of a fall/winter 2017-2018 feasibility study.